Thursday, October 9, 2014

The loss of another great man

I awoke this morning to read that another great master has left us.  I always enjoyed the times Angier Sensei would come by to spend time at our Dojo. His stories and jokes over lunch were both hysterical and inspiring. Below is a repost of the announcement from his friend and student Jeremy Breazeale
 
My friends,


It is with a heavy heart and deep sadness that I announce the passing of my dear friend and teacher, Don Angier.  He passed away this morning, at 2:50AM, from heart complications.  Throughout the evening, he was jovial, sarcastic, irreverent, and in the company of friends and students.  Angier Sensei was 81-years-old, and lived an amazing life.  A life that was awe-inspiring and worthy of celebration.


If you have memories of your time with him, stories you'd like to share, please feel free to write them here.  Or message me, if you prefer to share privately.  I'll be compiling these stories in an effort to celebrate his life, and share them with future generations of his art, Shidare Yanagi ryu Aiki Bugei.


Jeremy Breazeale
Soke-dai, Shidare Yanagi ryu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment